Prepare students for the IELTS exam as well as future academic study.
Focus on IELTS new edition keeps its popular topic based approach plus new material aimed at helping students succeed in their future studies.
The new edition includes:
- 50% more language and vocabulary input
- 2 completely new units
- New texts and lead in activities
- Exam tips
- 4 new academic strands (10 Academic Style Sections, 10 Academic Vocabulary Sections, 5 Reflective Learning Sections, 5 Critical Thinking Sections)
Focus on IELTS was developed by the author in the classroom and includes key features (including Error Hit Lists and Practice banks) from real students’ needs in real classroom situations.
- Critical Thinking and Reflective Learning training helps students become more analytical as learners
- Academic Vocabulary sections systematically build up knowledge of the Academic Word List
- Academic Style sections focus on key aspects of academic English, and develop students’ ability to achieve the appropriate formal style.
About Sue O’Connell
Sue O’Connell has a degree in English language and literature from the University of Bristol and an MA in Anglo Irish Studies from University College, Dublin. She has worked as a teacher and teacher trainer both in the UK and overseas. She was a Cambridge examiner and item writer for many years, and has also taught and examined candidates for the IELTS test. Sue is the author of the Pearson Focus series, which includes Focus on IELTS Foundation and the best-selling Focus on IELTS new edition.